You will be picked up at your respective hotel or lodge at 8:00AM - 8:45 AM by one of our wine lords.
- Our first wine estate, situated in the Paarl wine region, is the iconic Fairview estate, famous for its award winning cheeses and wines! Our guide takes you into the vineyard, walking you through the history of wine and the process of vine growing. We then head back for an informative wine tasting experience, with your wine lord taking you through the steps of how to REALY appreciate wine. Delicious cheese and wine pairing to follow.
- Our next destination is Villiera wine estate, famous for its award winning Cap Classique wines (Champaign). Other stunning wines will also be sampled along with Biltong (local dried cured meat) pairing. Here we get taken “behind the scenes” for a cellar tour, learning the art of wine making.
- • For our third estate, we do a guided drive through tour of Stellenbosch (oldest town in SA) to a family run farm called Middelvlei. Surrounded by vineyards, here we enjoy a typical South African braai (barbeque) lunch and a taste of their unique wines.
- From Middelvlei we head onto the unique Lovane estate with its basement cellar and exceptional wines. This is quite a favourite amongst our guests and totally of the beaten tourist track. We taste amazing wines as well as locally made chocolate.
- The next wine estate is the very unpretentious Annandale, owned by legend Springbok rugby player and 5th generation wine maker, Hempies du Toit. With its world-class wines, one that was the official wine served at the Prince of Monaco’s wedding, and rustic cellar, Annandale is a favorite amongst many. Their rustic tasting room is filled with old photos, equipment and memorabilia. We end the day with brandy and fruit tasting!
- Through out the day we give out info on wine, history etc. but in return we post questions to our guests. We therefore also hand out or our prize to the most knowledgeable guest of the day!
- You will be dropped of by your wine lord, having seen amazing landscapes, tasted plenty wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!
- Drop off is about 5:30 PM - 6 PM at your respective hotel or lodge in the city center.
- Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.
- All styles of wines.
- 5 wine estates. (Iconic plus treasures only known to locals)
- Qualified, knowledgeable guide.
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
- Cheese tastings.
- Local delicacies such as Biltong, dried fruits.
- Chocolate & red wine pairing.
- Vineyard tour
- Cellar tour
- Areas like Stellenbosch etc.
- Truly an unique SA experience